Record-breaking month for Intermodal Group

Intermodal Group achieves a record breaking month at the North Quay Rail Terminal (NQRT) at Fremantle’s Inner Harbour, processing more than 10,000 containers for both import and export in May. This is the highest volume recorded by the Group since it commenced operations at NQRT in 2007.
Container volumes at Intermodal’s FIT were also at record levels in May with over 8,000 containers contributed to the short haul rail shuttle service.

Approximately 80% of volumes currently received at NQRT are transported by Intermodal’s rail service from its Forrestfield Intermodal Rail Terminal (FIT). Intermodal is the exclusive operator of the NQRT to Kewdale-Forrestfield rail corridor. The remaining 20% is from the Kalgoorlie and Kwinana line services which are operated by other providers.

Read more: Download the press release